Monday, July 26, 2010

Ronald McDonald fights back

I just watched a new McDonald's commercial featuring children eating Happy Meals. The announcer promises that a portion of the proceeds from each Happy Meal will go to provide hope ("hope," the children respond), for persons staying in the Ronald McDonald house. And the kids weren't munching on chicken nuggets or fries, but rather on dried fruit, obviously a ploy by the McDonald's corporation to thumb their corporate nose at the POTUS and the FLOTUS.

Admittedly, I'm not a fan of the Happy Meal. But the dollar menu? That's another story. As soon as the First Lady starts messing with my dollar menu, I'll do more than thumb my nose. I think she should concentrate on helping her husband stop smoking, and leave me alone to eat what I wish. It's my arteries, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment